Memories from the Corners of my Mind

I am participating in NaNoWriMo this year (which essentially is a challenge to write a novel (or 50,000) words in the month of November. I've tried this before and not completed,but I'm going to give it a good shot. I've decided to write a memoir. I'm not sure there's much difference between a memoir and an autobiography, but I've decided a memoir sounds less ostentatious than an autobiography. I am not writing chronologically, but am putting it in the right "spot" when I finish each memory or train of thought.

This process is fascinating, and I suspect it will be mentally and emotionally draining by the end of the month.

My motivation? Leaving an account of my life for my children to know how I got to be who I am. My life is not extraordinary, but it is my life story, which makes it part of their story.

What's your story? I encourage you to share it with your friends and family. It matters.

Labels: , ,