Grab the Ten, Grab the Five

Photo credit: speareducation.com
I'm waiting a few minutes before I take my shower because my husband and my daughter have both had showers this morning one right after the other, and I'd like a little hot water for mine. Why do I tell you this? Because I decided to try and use these ten minutes writing. Too often I think I need a big chunk of time to write, a big chunk of time to read, a big chunk of time to do whatever it is I'd like to do. I'm trying to learn to grab the ten minutes, the five minutes, whatever is available. Now with reading I will say it is terrible to try and limit to five or ten minutes, that's why I went to bed an hour later last night than I intended. I was reading this great book and just had to finish it . . . . you know how it is.

Anyway, I say all of this to encourage you to use whatever few minutes you find yourself with today. Have some note cards with you and when you have five minutes, write one of those thank you notes you've been planning on, or grab that notebook where you keep meaning to put down some writing ideas and when you take a coffee break at work - jot down a few sentences.

Five minutes here and there add up - enjoy them creatively!

Labels: , , , ,