Why Blog?

I had lunch this week with my SIL (that's sister-in-law for those of you who might not know social media code). She asked me how my writing was going and I had to confess - it's not been going at all. Last fall I blamed it on taking a class and not having time. Then it was the holidays, but I have no excuses now. I simply have lost my "oomph" as my mother called it. I worry that I have nothing of importance to say (which is probably true of most bloggers), nothing funny (which most of us like to read), and nothing inspiring (I mean, I read others who are SO inspiring that I wonder why I would even try).

This has led me to think on why I blog. I'm still working on figuring that out. I started this blog because someone told me I was a good writer, and it seemed like an easy and safe way to put myself "out there". Along the way I've met some really good, and supportive, people in the blogging community. I have gotten tons of affirmation online. It has felt really good.

I don't know the full answer yet to why I blog (or don't), but for now I'm going to keep plugging along until I find my "oomph" or until I decide there's no place for me.