One Small Change at a Time

Having this great time away has been wonderful. It has been great to spend a significant chunk of uninterrupted time with my husband. We've been able to talk, learn about each other again, and re-energize our relationship.

I am rested and refreshed. With this has come various revelations about myself - some I am ready to address, some I choose to ignore (for now), and others that I am willing to test around the edge.

Going home after vacation is always challenging to me. I go back with such good intentions. I'm going to keep my house clean, I'm going to clean out and live more simply, I'm going to be more energetic, I'm going to learn new things, I'm going to ......

This time I'm not going back with such big and/or all-encompassing goals. I think I'll pick something simple. Something like, I'm going to throw out all the socks I don't like and/or don't wear. Then I can move on to something like I'm going to read a book by one of the Bronte sisters (okay, I might not go that far - I've tried to read Wuthering Heights about four times with no success) or I'm going to try and wash the make-up off my face every night.

I wonder if I'm too old to change. I know in my heart I'm not, but my head isn't quite convinced yet. Fortunately most of the changes I now seek in my life are more subtle, and I'm willing to take baby steps and count each step made along the way as success.

So, here's to going home from vacation and taking baby steps!

Labels: , , , ,