Life Change 2014: Phase 1 Complete

The first piece of the transition is complete. This past weekend we moved our middle child into college and celebrated his 18th birthday. It was a two day affair as move in was Friday but his birthday was Saturday and this mom wasn't about to not be with him on his 18th. It turned out well and there were minimal tears at our parting.

This week we will see our oldest off to college, but for the first time he's taking himself - no parents needed. That feels very strange, haven't exactly figured out when we'll "say goodbye" as he'll probably leave while we are both at work. We won't move him in, or see his room, or get him settled in, at 21 he doesn't need us that way anymore.

Next week our youngest will start high school and get braces (she's made a checklist of forbidden foods that she's eating this week). I will start attending the English class I am enrolled in.

While I have continued to walk during this summer, my first goal is to stop the stress eating I have indulged in. I've added on weight and I'm ready to take it back off. Secondly I hope to increase my walking which will be tricky with our new school schedules - but that's okay, I'm up for a challenge.

I'm glad life transitions come in phases, that's what makes it doable. I'm looking forward to finding out what my "new normal" is going to look like.

Labels: , ,