Distracted by the Present

I have noticed lately how easy it is to be distracted from the present by ... the present. Odd isn't it? My husband tells me one of my gifts is being able to live in and appreciate the moment, and he often looks to me to help him do so. Lately, however, I realize I am being distracted from appreciating the moment, by being overly aware of the "present". I think it's because there is so much "present" in this moment and my mind and heart is going in multiple directions. While I believe that is a gift that most women have and can handle pretty well, even we can get overwhelmed.

Sometimes when there is so much good going on in our lives, it can be easy to miss it. I don't know all the answers, but I do know I am purposely living in and appreciating this very moment while I sip coffee and write this blog post. When I close up my laptop, I'll move to the next thing and try to focus just on that.

One thing I am learning as I get older; life is full of adjustments. How easy they are made depends on my attitude.

Adjustments - they are good for me!

Labels: , ,