Scent of a Woman

Can you find my dog?
Recently my nose was almost assaulted by the smell of honeysuckle while on a morning walk and I instantly thought of my mother and a specific memory came to mind. I was in the sixth grade and Avon had come out with a perfume compact. The perfume was sort of a cream gel that you would swipe your finger over and rub on your pressure points (neck, inside wrist, etc.). I got one and the scent was, you guessed it, honeysuckle. Unfortunately, I couldn't wear it much because it made my mother sneeze like crazy every time she smelled it. Now every time I smell honeysuckle I think of my mother.

This made me think about the connection between smells and memories. I wonder what other specific memories I have that are triggered by smells? It will be interesting to find out.

Labels: , , ,