Snow Days and Sick Days

It has been an unusual week. Last weekend I got a cold and it progressed quickly to a nasty state. I was able to attend an extended family member's memorial service Saturday, but that did me in. My cough got deep and I felt miserable. Sunday morning my husband talked me into staying home from church to rest. I did so, but it didn't do a lot of good. Monday I took my a sick day from work and fortunately I was able to sleep and rest and as a result was able to go to work on Tuesday. Then in an unusual turn of events, we had a snow front move in and we had enough snow (it really wasn't that much but it was enough) that the college closed and I got to stay home again. I thought I would be productive, but it turned out I still needed the rest. I took a good nap, watched television with my husband, and talked with my kids. In reflection I sort of wish I had gotten more done, yet I'm rather glad I had a "personal" day to waste. I don't see that happening again for awhile.

Tonight I will enter a classroom as a student after many years. I don't really know what to expect. I am a little nervous, mainly because it is a small student/teacher ratio and that means I won't be able to hide. My class is called: Adult Transitions and is required for those of us entering school as an "adult" student. My books are:

A Writer's Reference with Writing in the Disciplines (7th Edition)
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (I have read this one before)
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich
A Step From Heaven by An Na

I look forward to this new adventure and all the personal and professional growth that I expect to come from it.

Forward!

Labels: , , , , , , ,