Gratitude 2013 - Day 19 - Libraries

I am thankful for libraries. I can barely remember a time when I haven't gone to one. Every time we moved when I was a kid, one of the first things we did was find the library. Summers were spent going often (one summer I am positive I went every day - and I came in third place in the summer reading contest) and reading without restraint. Some libraries were nice big buildings and others were small houses that had been converted. As a mother I took my kids to story time, Dr. Seuss birthday parties, and summer reading programs. Now I still go when I am researching trips or looking for a quiet place to write or read. I have fallen in love with the digital library where I can download books to my Nook and read the latest, or keep up with my Anne Perry series. I can try new books and the best part? I never have to pay a late fee again! When time is up, done or not, it goes back. Libraries though are not just for reading, they add a sense of community, stability, and learning. I am thankful for them in all their shapes, sizes, and forms.

Labels: ,