Christmas Eve and Momentary Silence

It's Christmas Eve morning. I'm up at 6:30 listening to the household silence. Children, husband and even the dog are all asleep. It is pleasant. In a few hours everyone will be up and "doing". I'll be remembering something I've forgotten, the kids will be wondering what they've gotten and asking "How early can we open our Christmas Eve present?", and I'll be concerned about how quickly the morning has disappeared and oh we have to get ready to leave to go to Grandma's, yes you ALL are going to the Love Feast, and no you are NOT getting up at 4am . . .

Last night our family watched Scrooge - with Albert Finney (our favorite version). I was reminded to enjoy what I have (the Cratchits), be content in the moment (the nephew) and remember that it's never too late to change for the better (Scrooge).

Merry Christmas Eve!

Labels: , , ,