Gravy, Chocolate That Is . . .

http://foodbeast.com/content/
2011/01/31/chocolate-gravy-biscuits/
My mom used to make the most incredible chocolate gravy for breakfast sometimes. Homemade biscuits were broken up on your plate and then chocolate gravy ladled over them. Wait a few minutes for it to soak up, and then start eating. Heavenly! I don't know how often we had it, I know it was only for Saturdays and I truly don't remember having it after age 12 or so . . .

I have tried a few times to make it, but it never came out right. Unfortunately even my mother couldn't remember exactly how she had done it, so it seems to be lost. However, in writing this post I did a little research and found several recipes. None of them look exactly right, but I shall have to try them and see what corresponds with my memory!

G is for Gravy / A to Z Blogging Challenge

Labels: , , ,