I am part of this online support group for insecure writers. We post on the first Wednesday of each month.
Here are my insecurities.
1. I'll never finish my book.
2. If I DO finish my book, it can't compare to the authors I admire.
3. There are a ton of writers and books out there, why write another one?
1. Maybe not, but it's fun (?) trying.
2. Writing a book shouldn't be to compare myself to others, but to tell the story I have inside.
3. Why not?
Being part of a writers' critique/support book helps me through most of these issues and my online community helps me with the rest.
Labels: Insecure Writer's Support Group