Mrs. Landingham Anyone?

I suppose all of us (over the age of 40) wonder at times what we "might of been". We wonder if others think what Rocky Balboa's coach did - "he coulda been a contender".

I wonder if I could have been a Mrs. Landingham or a Miranda Priestly? What choices could I have made to be one of the Celtic Women (other than needing to be Irish of course) or sing like Karen Carpenter? Could I have found my inner voice and expressed something creative like C.S. Lewis or Ansel Adams?

It doesn't really matter now, but I wonder because I want to give good advice and solid guidance to my children as they make decisions that will change the chorus of their lives. A look back lets me see some missed opportunities. Some I had no control over, but others I did. Don't misunderstand, I don't live a life filled with regret. But sometimes I wonder . . .

It's probably too late to be Karen Carpenter, but maybe I'll take another look at C.S. Lewis and Mrs. Landingham . . .

Labels: , , ,