Whew! The A to Z Blog Challenge is complete, and I did it! Somehow I managed to get through all 26 letters of the alphabet. I won't say all my posts were great, but they were done. I'm glad I did it.
The organizers have asked the participants to write their reflections today.
Thank you Lee and Alex and everyone else, this has been a great experience. I still haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do on this blog - but it probably won't be daily! Or at least not writing every day. I will continue to do a picture for Sunday reflections, and maybe continue the Wordless Wednesday pictures that I have found others doing.
- I am very glad I did this. I learned that I CAN keep a deadline and I CAN keep up.
- I did NOT lose my love of blogging, in fact it was reinforced through this exercise.
- I enjoyed blogging daily, but having a theme made me realize I missed the "spontaneity" I normally blog with. I am definitely a "by the seat of your pants" writer.
- I neglected my regular writing, which was unfortunate.
- I really enjoyed meeting other bloggers.
- I am sorry I did not respond to comments as I had planned, I really failed on that.
- I loved the interaction and getting comments, and I tried to do the same to others. I was surprised at how much I liked that (I found that I do want recognition more than I realized).
- Will I participate next year? I don't know. If so, I will give it more thought and perhaps a different theme. Doing a word a day was fun, but admittedly got a bit challenging after while.
- Blogging daily would not have been possible if there wasn't the pre-scheduling option available.
- The amount of people participating was staggering, and I'm not sure I would have signed up if I had been later in doing so. Once it went past 500 I knew there was no way I could keep up.
- Perhaps next year the challenge could be divided up into subcategories to make it easier to target visits.
- The best part of this was finding some new "friends" through this that I know I will keep in touch with.
Have a happy Monday - it's a great day!
Labels: A to Z Blogging Challenge, reflections, writing