A Laptop for Me?

My husband announced this weekend that I need to buy a laptop. Now, as you may remember from previous posts, my husband is a bit of a technology dinosaur and this was quite a surprise to me.  Especially in light of the fact that we are getting ready to shop for a laptop for our eldest son (he goes off to college in the fall), need to paint the outside of the house, have a myriad of other things going on, and on top of it all - I want to get a dog.

So what brought this on?  He's willing to invest money into my writing career. After sharing a computer for all these years, he thinks it can only be a benefit for me to have the portability of a laptop - to be able to write when and where inspiration hits. How cool is that? I have the best husband in the world.

Now to figure out what to get (we're going for basics here folks - all I need is Word and the internet). Hopefully soon I'll be posting these blog posts curled up in front of the fireplace, or sitting at the kitchen table watching my bird feeder, or snuggled in bed while my sweetie studies for his class.

Labels: , ,